Dried lentils are one of the very best pantry staples. No matter which variety you prefer, lentils are wonderfully versatile. They know no season, and have a place on the table through breakfast, lunch, and dinner. They are filling, yet light at the same time.
If you made a resolution to eat better in the New Year, and even if you didn't, make 2015 the year you get more lentils on your table. Here are 12 satisfying lentil-filled meals to get you through the day.
Whether you're in the mood for soup, salad, stew, or something a little more robust, these lentils can do it all! They have the power to turn a plate of leafy greens and vegetables into a meal, or even create a filling salad all their own. Blend them into a soup, or bulk up your favorite stew or chili. They also make a heartier substitute for meat in main dishes, like shepherd's pie.
→ Make a pot of lentils! How to Cook Lentils on the Stovetop
Soup, Salads & Sandwiches
- Red Lentil Soup
- Fridge-Clearing Lentil Soup
- Lentil Soup with Lemon Yogurt Cream
- Cold Lentil Salad with Cucumbers and Olives
- Warm French Lentil Salad with Bacon & Herbs
- Spiced Lentil, Sweet Potato & Kale Whole Wheat Pockets
- Spicy Lentil Wraps with Tahini Sauce
- Spiced Lentils With Egg
- Lentil, Mushroom & Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie
- Mediterranean Turkey Meatballs with Lentils and Herbed Yogurt Sauce
- Braised Lentils and Chard Topped with an Egg
- Baked Red Lentil Falafel Salad
What's your favorite way to make lentils into a meal?