Today is Day 7 of our Kitchn Cure, the yearly event when we roll up our sleeves and clean our kitchens from top to bottom; and on Day 7, you clean your oven.
But we had a thought. It's summertime. Who's been using their ovens? Not I. I bet your oven is gleaming and clean. So why not muss it up a bit? In the spirit of the well-used kitchen, the one that needs some elbow grease after all, let's make some recipes that really frack up the oven. Roast chicken, bacon-wrapped potato bites, blueberry pie, and all. Because you know what? All of these wonderful comfort foods make cleaning your oven worth the effort. They're awfully delicious — and terrible for your oven.
Bacon and All Its Works
- Bacon-Wrapped Potato Bites with Spicy Sour Cream Dipping Sauce - The ultimate reason to muck up your oven.
- Bacon-Wrapped Dates Stuffed with Almonds - Sugar and bacon.
- How To Make Perfect Bacon in the Oven - A WHOLE TRAY OF BACON. Ka-boom!
Chicken Is the Greatest Evil
- The Naughty Way to Roast a Chicken - Any roast chicken is evil. Spatter!
- Recipe: Lemon Thyme Chicken Thighs - Oh the skin on those thighs! You'll be cleaning it for weeks. But. Worth. It.
But Meatballs Verily Are the Worst
- How To Make Meatballs - On the stove or in the oven, spatter is their middle name.
- Spiced Lamb Meatballs - But just think of the meals.
- Recipe: Mustard-Glazed Salmon - At least it's over quickly.
- How To Cook Perfect Steak in the Oven - No pain, no steak.
Vegetables Aren't Innocent Either
- Cheesy All-Vegetable Lasagna - So that's where the tomato sauce came from.
- How To Bake a Potato in the Oven - Ever seen one explode?
And Pie Has a Wicked Smile
- Blueberry Pie - Just one drip and you have a fire on your hands.
All right, now that your oven is good and dirty, ready for Day 7 of the Cure?
→ Take The Kitchn Cure: The Kitchn Cure Day 7: Clean the Oven
Or did we miss your favorite way to really make a moment in the oven? Do share!