I grew up in the Midwest and far away from fresh seafood so my standard fallback lean protein is chicken. But it's easy to fall into a rut with this accessible poultry. If you need something to break the routine, check out these ten ways to add something new to the mix! I work with some of the most talented food writers in the business and we've all had the pleasure of sharing some of our favorite chicken dishes in the past. Here are a few that are fit for the coming seasons and vary in preparation for those who aren't always into a casserole.
• Barbecue Shredded Chicken from the Oven or Slow Cooker
• Yogurt-Marinated Chicken & Creamy Greek Sauce
• Spicy Chicken Flautas with Lime Sour Cream
• Fake Fried Chicken
• Crispy Chicken Thighs & Warm Bread Salad
• Chicken Cordon Bleu-Croque Monsieur
• Blackened Chicken with Creamy Angel Hair Pasta
• Chicken & Swiss Chard Pasta Bake
• Lemon Braised Chicken & Beans with Mint Pesto
• Hainanese Chicken With Rice from Mark Bittman
Related: Sunday Dinner: 7 Takes on Roast Chicken
(Images: See links above for full image credits)
It's Reader Request Week at The Kitchn! This post was requested by JFernando.