Winter is here, and the holidays are coming, and we want comfort food to feed a crowd. Best way to do that? The slow cooker!! Here are 10 recipes from our archives for easy, delicious, cold-weather food. Most of these recipes will handily feed a dinner crowd, or give you leftovers to freeze. And most use the most frugal cuts of meat, so they form the holy menu trinity of cheap, easy, and yummy.
You'll probably notice that this list is heavy on meat. Personally, I consider my slow cooker to be a glorified meat-cooker/braiser. Yes, you can make chili, soup, and beans in the slow cooker too, but I just tend to use mine when I need to cook something (like a pork shoulder) low and slow all day or night.
• 1 Slow-Cooked Hoisin and Ginger Pork Wraps with Peanut Slaw
• 2 Slow-Cooked Bolognese Sauce
• 3 Slow-Cooker Lemon Garlic Chicken
• 4 Curried Vegetable and Chickpea Stew
• 5 Rich and Meaty Lamb Ragù
• 6 Heatwave Carnitas
• 7 Slow-Cooker Black Bean Enchiladas
• 8 Friday Night Slow-Cooked Brisket and Onions
• 9 Ultimate Cheater Pulled Pork from The Splendid Table
• 10 Slow Cooker Coconut and Green Curry Pork
Got any good recipes for the slow cooker to share? We'd love to broaden our repertoire!
(Images: See linked recipes for full image credits.)