Your freezer isn't just for ice cream and that half-empty bottle of vodka — it can actually be a tool to help you streamline your everyday cooking routine and make life easier on yourself. Follow these 10 tips for stocking your freezer, and you'll stress less about meal time.
- Organize your freezer: First you need to make sure your freezer is organized to get the most out of it — or rather into it.
- Embrace frozen pizza: There's no need to stock up at Trader Joe's — you can make your own frozen pizza, and it's 10 times better.
- Freeze batches of soup: There are some soups that are better to freeze than others. Make sure you know the list.
- Learn to buy in bulk: Make the warehouse clubs work for you.
- Make sure it's well-stocked: Just avoid these mistakes when you're filling your freezer.
- Don't fall prey to freezer burn: Make sure you package your foods correctly to keep them fresh and edible.
- Keep cookies in your freezer: Having frozen cookie dough on hand means homemade cookies are within reach at all times.
- Use your freezer to streamline breakfasts: Keep a stash of these breakfast sandwiches at the ready so you can grab and go.
- Make smoothies easier: A little bit of prep will make your morning smoothies much easier to whip up in the morning.
- Throw a freezer party: You can make 50 meals for just $300, and it can set you up for easy weeknight dinners.
(Image credits: Ralph Anderson for Southern Living; Emma Christensen; Mike Mozart under CC BY 2.0; Gina Eykemans; Anjali Prasertong; Kimberley Hasselbrink; Kelli Foster; David Hopler of D Squared Photo & Video)