The Incredible Edible Egg is enticing any day of the year, but Easter is the day it comes out to play. This Sunday the humble egg will take center stage on the table in all its dyed, drawn-on, and decorated glory. Even cracked eggshells will be spared the compost heap! (They make terrific tea-light holders, in case you didn't know.)
If your table is ready to get its egg on, here are 10 lovely, egg-lectic (heh) ideas for decorating it this Easter.
- Eggshell planter place cards, via The Merry Thought: It's alive! And that's a good thing.
- Calligraphy egg name cards, via Elle.be: Such a pretty way to welcome guests to the table.
- Bowls of watercolor eggs, via Scout: Split your pastel-colored eggs into three bowls for a gorgeous table centerpiece.
- Eggs in a nest, via Kate's Creative Space: Specked eggs in a nest add just the right touch of spring whimsy to this table.
- Mini egg basket place cards, via The House That Lars Built: Okay, so technically these adorable little baskets don't have real eggs in them — they're chocolate eggs, but ... we don't see the problem.
- An egg maiden, via Flax and Twine: As we're already written, every Easter table should have a floral-wreath-crowned egg maiden on it.
- Egg surprises, via The Kitchn: These egg surprises are one of Faith's favorite Easter treats!
- Eggshell tea-light holders, via Little Inspiration: Cracked eggshells have never looked so good.
- Eggs and boxwood place setting, via Love of Family and Home: A pretty pink egg, a single initial, and a little greenery make for a lovely place setting.
- Egg holder place cards, via Camille Styles: This paper egg holder doubles as a place card!
How do you use eggs to decorate your Easter table?