Out of all the spring vegetables to fawn over, asparagus might be my favorite. It's a versatile veggie: You can easily throw it in the oven with some olive oil, salt, and pepper, or you can get a little fancier by turning it into a purée or adding it to a frittata. Whichever way you prefer our verdant friend, remember that the season doesn't last long!
Here are 10 ways to gobble up all the asparagus you can get your hands on in the coming weeks. We've got you covered for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
I'm a big fan of using simple recipes to highlight asparagus, as seen in the asparagus with eggs and Parmesan, and the grilled asparagus with bacon. That said, I like the idea of spring entertaining with things like Emma's delightful-lookin' asparagus and prosciutto crostini.
What's your favorite way to take advantage of asparagus season?
- Boiled Egg, Seared Asparagus & Pickled Onion Sandwich
- Asparagus with Eggs and Parmesan
- Pork Stir-Fry with Asparagus and Sugar Snap Peas
- Asparagus & Prosciutto Crostini
- Spring Frittata with Asparagus & Radishes