Throw open the windows, friends, because I think winter is finally behind us. Are you ready to welcome spring? It's time to dust off, air out, and spruce up your kitchen for the new season. Here are 10 ways to get it looking as great as you're feeling.
Light Cleaning and Organizing Suggestions for Spring
These quick cleaning tips are just what your kitchen needs this spring for a fresh, tidy look and feel!
1. Speed-clean your refrigerator. I'm guessing you don't want to spend the first nice day of the year deep cleaning your refrigerator — so don't! Instead do a quick clean. Fresh fridge + still time to go outside = win!
2. Tidy your pantry in 10 minutes. Again, who wants to spend a ton of time cleaning this time of year? Thankfully you can tidy your pantry in only 10 minutes. You'll feel so good when it's done.
3. Wipe (or hose!) down your trash can. Trash cans get pretty gross over the course of a long winter. Get some hot, soapy water and wipe the whole thing down, inside and out. (Bonus: make sure to use your favorite scented liquid soap so that it smells good, too!) Another option: take the can outside on a warm day, hose it down, and let it dry in the sun.
4. Wash your potholders. Your potholders have probably taken a beating from all the casseroles, stews, and baked goods that kept you warm this winter. Time to throw them in the washing machine and ready them for summer pies and cobblers!
5. Oil your cutting boards. Seasonal summer abundance is right around the corner, so make sure your cutting boards are ready for all the chopping, dicing, and slicing to come!
Pretty Decorating Ideas for Spring
6. Buy some flowers. It's getting warmer, greener, and the days are longer. Time to get a bright bunch of blooms for your kitchen table! They don't have to be expensive or super fancy. Need some inspiration? Check out Chelsea Fuss' pro tips on for beautiful flowers on a budget.
7. Treat yourself to a pretty tea towel. We never tire of pretty tea towels. They're a reliably cheap way to add a little color and whimsy to the kitchen. Treat yourself to a new one this spring in a favorite color or pattern, then display it somewhere out in the open. (Maybe even hang it with clothespins!)
8. Hang a small piece of artwork. A delicate watercolor print like one of these would be a lovely addition to the kitchen this time of year. This seasonal color wheel chart is also a favorite, and it'll remind you of all you can look forward to in the coming months!
9. Use a brightly colored baking dish to organize things on your countertop. We loved this tip when we first came across it last year — a bright baking dish makes a perfect catch-all tray for spices and oils on your countertop! Tidy up and create a pretty display all in one.
10. Set a beautiful table one morning. To really celebrate the arrival of spring, give yourself the pleasure of setting a beautiful table for brunch one weekend morning. Throw open the windows, invite a few friends over, make something scrumptious, and enjoy the season!
(Image credits: Leela Cyd; Gina Eykemans; Ore Studios for Rue Magazine)