Have you heard? We released our first cookbook this fall! The Kitchn Cookbook, written by executive editor Faith Durand and The Kitchn's founding editor Sara Kate Gillingham, is more than just a cookbook; it's a guide to a happy, healthy, nourished kitchen, with over 150 recipes, 225 gorgeous photos, and tons of kitchen tours, cooking lessons and tips to inspire cooks of all experience levels. (Read more about it here.)
We're pretty proud of it, and think it'd be a terrific gift to give a loved one this year — if we do say so ourselves! Even better? Pair it with one of these 10 beautiful kitchen tools for a gift set any cook would love.
- End Grain Chopping Board, $49.95 from Crate & Barrel: A beautiful workhorse of a chopping board that we've used in a lot of our Cooking Lessons. We love the little feet!
- Riess Enamel Loaf Pan, $65 from Brook Farm General Store: One of Faith's Daily Finds, this is one lovely pan with just a hint of old-fashioned class!
- 6-Quart Lodge Dutch Oven, $74 from Amazon: Lodge is a terrific budget-friendly way to get your hands on an enameled Dutch oven.
- Petite Minimalist Stoneware Nesting Bowl Set, $85 from Dar Gitane: A gorgeous, multi-size bowl set like this is so versatile — good for prep, but pretty enough for serving.
- Rosewood 8" Chef's Knife by Victorinox, $58.95 from Broadway Panhandler: The rosewood handle edition is a step up from the Victorinox Fibrox knife we usually recommend, which makes it the perfect, extra-special gift to present to a new cook!
- Lifetime Measuring Cups, $19.95/set of six from Lee Valley: These measuring cups have both Imperial and metric measurements stamped into the stainless steel, so there's no way the ink can rub off.
- Le Creuset Heritage Marseille Baker, 12" x 9", $64.95 from Sur La Table: A classic baking dish they can use for everything.
- Prep Bowls in Mint and White, $58 from Center Ceramics: Gorgeous little bowls with spouts, perfect for mise en place.
- All-Clad 3.5 Quart Saucepan with Lid, $104 from Amazon: A 3-quart sauce pan is an essential size — not too big, not too small.
- Petrified Wood Cheese Tray, $98 from Poketo: An elegant, heirloom-quality cheese tray that's great for entertaining.