Although I like vegetables in the traditional way, it's always a bonus when you can eat them for dessert as well. Now, I'm not talking about having a small bowl of carrots and ranch and calling it dessert (pssh, diets). No - here are some real desserts that just happen to be laced with that vegetable goodness!
• Spiced Parsnip Cupcakes from Martha Stewart
• Pumpkin Brûlée Tart from MyRecipes
• Carrot Loaf Cake with Yogurt Glaze from MyRecipes
• Kabocha Squash Cakes with Brown Sugar Cream from Bon Appetit
• Sweet Potato Pound Cake from MyRecipes
• Zucchini-Pecan Cake from Bon Appetit
• Cardamom Carrot Cake w/ Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting from CHOW
• Zucchini Cupcakes with Tangy Buttercream from CHOW
• Chocolate Beet Cake from Martha Stewart
• Maple Bourbon Sweet Potato Pie from Food Network
Related: 9 Ways to Eat Your Veggies (In Your Dessert)!
Updated from a post originally published in October 2012.