I'll eat an avocado any time of day, but for breakfast it seems especially hearty and satisfying. From avocado-stuffed deviled eggs to a sweet take on avocado toast, here are 10 clever and delicious ways you can get a little green in your morning meal!
Important Avocado Tips
Before you dive into a rich and buttery avocado-filled breakfast, brush up on a few tips to make handling and storing this wonder fruit a breeze. First up is picking an avocado: Our go-to tip is to remove the nub where the stem was to check for a bright green color. If you can easily remove it and you see that tale-tell bright green color then you know you've got a winner in your hands.
Now say you're only using half an avocado. Now you've got to store. There are many theories abound on this one, but we've found that storing it in a closed container with a cut onion helps prevent browning. A spritz of lemon or lime juice helps to. Now, about that breakfast...
10 Ways to Eat an Avocado for Breakfast
- The Best Chocolate Avocado Pudding
- Creamy Avocado Lassi
- Avocado and Egg Breakfast Pizza
- Yes, Adding Avocado to Scrambled Eggs Is a Very Good Idea
- The Pleasures of a Breakfast Salad
- Healthy & Hearty Breakfast Idea: Egg Baked in an Avocado
- How To Make a Breakfast Burrito
- Honey-Yogurt Avocado Toast
- Chocolate Coconut Avocado Smoothie
- Creamy Avocado Dip