As we know, the pros stay home on Valentine's Day. But aside from cooking something special, how do you make your meal for two feel more romantic? One easy way is to make your table setting more elaborate than normal.
No, you don't have to go overboard with hearts and red and pink (but if you want to, today's the day!). We found 10 sweet ways to make your Valentine's Day table show your significant other just how much you care.
- Valentine's Day Party at Sheek Shindigs: If you're throwing a Valentine's Day or Galentine's Day party, go all out with the pink and red. We especially love the mini mailboxes at each place setting.
- Special Menu Napkin Holder at Say Yes: Use this printable menu napkin holder to make your table feel special. Of course, the mini gold hearts on baker's twine and the polka dot napkins help, too.
- Love You a Latte at Delish: We love a good food pun, and these place card tags are perfect for your punny Valentine.
- Doily Paper Heart Runner at Hi Sugarplum!: Decorate the whole table with this simple paper runner. It's easy and inexpensive to make — our favorite kind of DIY.
- Monogrammed Heart Napkin at In My Own Style: Don't be intimidated — this heart napkin is easy to fold and the monogram is a free printable!
- Simple Setting at Julie Blanner: You don't have to go all out to make your date-night table feel special. Even adding flowers, candles, and a photo of the two of you will elevate it from the everyday.
- Scrabble Tiles at Stylizmo: Whether you go with the classic "Be Mine" or opt for a phrase that fits you and your significant other, you can't go wrong spelling out your feelings over dinner.
- Red Patterns at Mochatini: Make red your theme and go wild with patterns. This layered look lets you include lots of different fabrics and papers without it looking overwhelming.
- Breakfast in Bed at Fashionable Hostess: Since Valentine's Day falls on a weekend this year, take advantage of that to treat your special someone to breakfast in bed. We love these "his and hers" trays as a fun take on table setting.
- Mason Jars at Plaid Online: When in doubt, mason jars filled with conversation hearts are a no-fail way to decorate the table.
(Image credits: Say Yes; Sheek Shindigs; Delish.com; Hi Sugarplum!; In My Own Style; Julie Blanner; Stylizmo; Mochatini; Fashionable Hostess; Plaid Online)