Whether you're cooking in an ill-equipped vacation rental, battling your parents' dull knives, or just itching for an impromptu picnic, you know that preparing meals outside the familiar confines of your own kitchen can be a challenge. This year we shared a number of tips to make cooking and eating well a little easier while you're away from home, from expert advice for traveling with cheese to the ten things you should always pack to make cooking on vacation easier.
- 1 Tip: Bring Homemade Pancake Mix on Your Next Trip
- 2 Travel Tip: Pack Food Containers in a Tea Towel for a Presto Tablecloth!
- 3 The Nicest Thing You Can Do for Yourself Before Leaving on a Trip
- 4 Tips for Feeding Pets on a Road Trip
- 5 Hot Tips: How To Travel With Cheese
- 6 Coping with Dull Knives on Vacation: A Few Tips
- 7 Travel Tip: Don't Forget the Instant Coffee
- 8 10 Things to Pack That Make Cooking on Vacation Easier
- 9 The Traveling Cocktail: 5 Tips for Drinking Well on the Road
- 10 Lessons From Traveling Abroad: Always Carry Peanut Butter
* * *
Welcome to The Kitchn's Best of 2013 roundup!
From December 21 through January 3 we are rounding up our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the past year. We'll also share guest posts, special holiday features, and a sparkling Winter Glam Cocktail Party, the final installment in our 2013 Gatherings from The Kitchn. Happy Holidays!