I loved the tiny studio apartment I had with a separate kitchen. After moving to a one-bedroom that exchanged a separate kitchen for a bedroom (this kitchen was a galley along one side of the living room), I came to realize exactly just how much I appreciated a kitchen separate from the living room.
But these examples of kitchens in living rooms make it look quite doable, even in less than 200 square feet. Rounded up from this year's Small Cool contest over at Apartment Therapy, here are 10 homes that make combining the kitchen and the living room look, well, cool.
1. Amanda & PV's Flexible Functionality
2. Brian's Off the Grid Home
3. Nicole's Back Bay Studio
4. Olivia's Earthquake Cottage
5. Natasha's Fashionable & Functional
6. Rebecca's Deliberate Lifestyle
7. Amy's Light & Airy Apartment
8. Jessica's 'More Is More'
9. Eric's Hollywood Hills View
10. Tomas' Perfect Balance
(Image credits: Olivia; Amanda; Brian; Nicole; Natasha; Rebecca; Amy; Jessica; Eric; Tomas)