There is nothing worse than having to toss out food because it went bad too quickly or wasn't properly stored — not only is it a waste of money, it feels wasteful, period. This year we shared a variety of tips for making the most of the food you buy, from the best way to store ingredients like basil and milk to the 16 herbs and vegetables you can grow from scraps. Hoping to revamp your food-buying habits in the new year? Look no further!
- 1 The Best Way to Keep Basil Fresh
- 2 16 Foods To Re-Grow From Kitchen Scraps
- 3 6 Habits to Prevent Food Waste
- 4 Got (Too Much) Milk? Freeze It for Later!
- 5 Tip: Use Spent Vanilla Beans to Make Your Own Vanilla Extract