We're always on the lookout for small tips that make a big impact in the kitchen, the ones that save us time and money, solve a common cooking problem, or — let's be honest — are just really really awesome. The ingenious tips we couldn't wait to share this year include a simple method for keeping guacamole green, a surprising way to cook perfect bacon on the stove, and a you-won't-believe-it-until-you-try-it hack for using a mason jar on your blender.
- 1 The Best Way to Keep Guacamole Green
- 2 Weird Tip That Really Works: For Perfect Bacon, Add a Little Water to the Pan
- 3 The Mason Jar Blender Trick: Do You Know About This?
- 4 A Surefire Tip for Getting (Way!) More Juice From Lemons and Limes
- 5 Out of Fridge Space Before a Party? A Surprising Spot to Chill Your Drinks
- 6 5 More Uses For Your French Press!
- 7 For Better Lemonade, Use a Pinch of Salt
- 8 Smart Tip: Get Corn Off the Cob Using a Bundt Pan
- 9 Kitchen Hack: The Fastest, Easiest Way to Slice a Bunch of Cherry Tomatoes
- 10 The Sacrificial Slice: The Secret to a Perfect Piece of Pie
* * *
Welcome to The Kitchn's Best of 2013 roundup!