There are certain basics that every kitchen needs. In fact, the list is rather minimal — that is, until you host Thanksgiving at your house for the first time. Holidays cooking often demands a few extra tools that you might find handy to plan to have around. Even if you have a small or a minimalist kitchen, Thanksgiving and major holidays mean that larger-than-usual amounts of food will come out of your kitchen, and your sparse cabinets may need a few extra things.
Extra baking or large poultry preparation require a few more cookware essentials and tools. And there's no need to run out and buy all these, too; lots of these can be borrowed from friends or family just for the big day.
You might like a different brand than we've listed below, but each item still has great function around holiday food preparation time. Do you have any to add to the list? Let us know in the comments below!
FIRST ROW LEFT TO RIGHT
• Ruffle Pie Dish, $22.95 at Crate and Barrel
• Pie Weight Chain, $6.95 from Crate and Barrel
• OXO Turkey Baster, $8.99 at Macy's
• Kitchen Twine, $14.95 at Sur La Table
• Digital Kitchen Scale, $25 at Amazon
SECOND ROW LEFT TO RIGHT
• Chef's Choice Knife Sharpener, $89 (on sale) from Macy's
• Oven Thermometer, $4.61 from Amazon
• 10 Piece Hostess Set, $21.59 at Amazon
• Large Gravy Boat, $5.95 from Crate and Barrel
• Large Roasting Pan, $49.95 from Crate and Barrel
Related: Thanksgiving Prep: Start Today!
(Image: See full image credits as linked above)