You might associate cauliflower with colder months, but this inconspicuous vegetable has proven it can transcend the seasons. Cauliflower might not be the most attractive vegetable in the produce section: it's a ghostly white blob that squeaks and has a funny smell. But what other vegetable can be turned into couscous, or steaks for the grill? Or puréed into soups, and used in pastas and vegetable cakes? Cauliflower is magical, you see, and it deserves a spot on your table this spring and summer.
Growing up, I always associated cauliflower with bland vegetable plates at family gatherings. There it would be, squished in between the broccoli and washed out baby carrots, just waiting to be dipped in some warm ranch. It was awful.
Cauliflower has come a far way in the last couple years, however, and more and more I'm seeing recipes from blogs and at restaurants where cauliflower is used in fun new ways. It's like tofu: it absorbs a lot of flavor and can be used in a lot of things as a result, but cauliflower also has a unique texture perfect for things like "couscous."
Learn how easy it is to make cauliflower couscous → How To Make Couscous Out of Cauliflower
What are your favorite recipes that showcase this trendy vegetable? Here are ten seasonal recipes from our archives that feature cauliflower that we're loving.
10 Magical Cauliflower Recipes
- Grilled Chipotle Lime Cauliflower Steaks
- Mediterranean Cauliflower Couscous Salad
- Cauliflower Fritters with Mint & Pea Spread
- Pan-Roasted Cauliflower & Pasta with Tomato-Cream Sauce
- Creamy Curried Cauliflower Soup
- Cauliflower Steaks with Ginger, Turmeric, and Cumin
- Edamame & Cauliflower Pasta Salad with Feta
- Pasta with Cauliflower, Sausage & Breadcrumbs
- Curried Vegetable and Chickpea Stew
- Cauliflower, Fennel, and White Bean Salad