Even though we think we know so much about food and health, there seems to always be something to learn. For example, you might be doing some things that make your vegetables less nutritious. Who knew?
With the aim of starting 2016 on a healthy note (resolutions, anyone?), here is the best information we learned about eating healthier in 2015.
- You might be making your veggies worse for you: They're still healthier than a piece of cake, but you should stop these practices now.
- There are plenty of substitutes for eggs in vegan baking: You might already have a couple of them on hand.
- Sulfites might not be to blame for your headache: Yes, wine has sulfites, but they aren't as bad for you as you might think.
- It's hard to be Beyoncé: We tried her 22-day vegan meal plan, so you don't have to.
- Eggs for breakfast is a no-brainer: It's especially important if you're trying to lose weight.
- Interested in the Paleo diet?: We came up with a week of meals to test it out.
- These zero-calorie noodle are about to become your go-to ingredient: Get ready to use these noodles in all your favorite Asian noodle dishes.
- A meal plan is within reach: Just follow these seven pieces of advice to start yours. You'll save money and eat healthier.
- It's time to bulk up your smoothies: You can make them more filling with these quick additions.
- Oatmeal really is as good for you as your doctor says: Get ready to eat a whole lot more of the hot grain cereal.