Taking a road trip this summer? It's easy to enjoy that impromptu stop at a roadside fruit stand or food market if you've got a few essential things packed away in your trunk:
- Portable Cutting Board and Knife, $69 from Orvis: Of course, you can pack a small cutting board and knife separately, but we like the handy design of this set. The wood chopping board folds in half and stores the knife inside. The chopping board also doubles as a serving platter.
- Bodum Bistro 2-in-1 Salt and Pepper Grinder, $19.95 from AllModern: This compact set is perfect for on-the-go dining.
- 16 ounce Glass in Grasses & Flowers, $11.45 from Silipint: Keep a couple of these 100% silicone, BPA-free glasses in your car at all times, and you'll always be ready for an impromptu picnic. Silipint has tons of designs to pick from, too.
- Outdoor Canvas Utensil Roll, $42 from Kaufmann Mercantile: Throw a few of your utensils from home in this sturdy roll-up before you hit the road.
- Opinel Carbon Blade No 6 Folding Knife, $11.95 from Opinel: We always go back to this classic picnic pocket knife. It's great to have on road trips.
- Threshold Coastal Melamine Plates, $9.99/set of four from Target: Melamine plates are great for traveling. They're durable, unbreakable, and easy to clean.
- Soft Side Insulated Cooler Bag, $10.95 from Webstaurant Store: Essential for keeping drinks and food chilled.
- Blue Avocado Re-Zip Reusable Snack Bags, $7.95/pack of two from ReuseIt.com: It's handy to have a few of these in your cooler to store leftovers.
- Coghlan's Tablecloth, $5.50 from REI: An easy wipe-clean surface makes this a great travel tablecloth.
- ALLDAGLIG Paper napkins, $1.99/pack of 30 from IKEA: There's no reason you can't have a few pretty paper napkins at your next picnic!
What products do you bring with you for easy on-the-road dining?