3. Frozen Grapes: There is a severe cult following for this simple snack, just toss any bunch of grapes straight in the freezer. The end result is something that requires chewing and has a pleasant tang without being a milk-based dessert or snack.
4. Cold Noodle Dishes: It might be Soba or some Buckwheat noodles, but either way you can create sauces with big flavor and deliver them in a crisp, cool manner. Check out more cold noodle dishes here.
5. Ice Cream: Although it might not offer anything nutritionally, it is still the go to snack for many that are staring high temperatures in the face. A cool bowl of almost any flavor is usually more than welcome (even if it's only breakfast!).
6. Water: Even though you don't eat water (though we've lived in some cities we swore we did), it's a great way to cool down your insides and put off hunger for a little while longer until you're ready to consume a real meal instead of snacking.
7. Spicy Foods: Many will tell you that a good and spicy curry (Indian or Thai) is the way to go because it makes you sweat. We're still not 100% sure of the science behind this method, so if it works for you, awesome, if not, see number 5!
8. Jerky: Although there's tons of fresh fruit available during the sweltering heat, you might not always want the sugar (even if natural) that comes with it. A nibble of homemade jerky is a great alternative, plus gives you some substance unlike some of the other options above.
9. Watermelon: Growing up, Sunday dinner in the summer was 1/4 or 1/2 of a watermelon and a spoon. We're not sure if it was the cool melon itself that made us feel better or the eating process where we got a fare amount of it on us during the process, but either way, watermelon is slushy and juicy without busting out a blender!
10. Spring Rolls: We have to say up front that any food shaped like a burrito is a winner in our book, but when the summer sun heats up, spring rolls are an easy dish to throw together, especially if you take a few minutes to do the prep work ahead of time. Add your choice of protein and you have a complete meal without adding any heat!
Do you have one to add to the list? Let us know in the comments below!
Related: 7 Summer Sweets In 7 Minutes Or Less