Now is the Time of the Zucchini. Those jokes we told earlier in the season about monster-sized zucchinis and leaving bags of squash on the neighbor's porch in the dead of night are no longer funny. We have sautéed it and stuffed it and sliced it into ribbons. We have had ample slices of zucchini bread and there are enough muffins stashed in the freezer for a month of brunches.
And yet, still there is zucchini. When you've done everything you can think of with zucchini and are all fed up, what then? We have 10 ideas you might not have tried yet.
The truly great thing about zucchini is that it goes with just about anything. Throw it in a fritter with carrots or simmer it with coconut milk into a curry — zucchini can handle it. Mint, basil, thyme: Zucchini loves the entire herb family. When all else fails, hollow it out and use zucchini as a boat for eggs, cheese, or a medley of other vegetables. Maybe part of the problem with an overload of zucchini is that there are too many choices? Hmm ... we'll get back to you on that one.
Have you discovered any favorite new recipes for zucchini this summer? Are there any recipes you go back to again and again?
- Healthier Zucchini and Carrot Fritters
- Thai Green Coconut Curry with Chicken and Zucchini
- Super Easy and Delicious Zucchini Butter
- Zucchini Boats with Mozzarella and Olives
- Eight-Ball Zucchini with Eggs Baked Inside
- Chickpea, Barley, and Zucchini Ribbon Salad with Mint and Feta
- Zucchini Garlic Soup
- Greek Pasta with Lamb, Zucchini, and Feta
- Zucchini and Olive Breakfast Cake, French-Style
- Crostini with Zucchini Squash and Feta
(Images: See linked recipes for full image credits)