Feeling panicked because you just realized Valentine's Day is two days away? Don't! Because you know what's a million and one times better than a fancy Valentine's dinner and overpriced flowers? A sweet and thoughtful homemade Valentine's Day breakfast. Bonus points for surprising the one you love with breakfast in bed.
Okay, so maybe the smell of bacon wafting through the house takes away the surprise factor. But who cares. Treat your Valentine to breakfast in bed this Saturday. Here are 10 sweet and savory recipes to make it happen.
Breakfast doesn't have to be a fancy affair to be special —it's the thought that counts. It can be as simple as egg tartines, a basic omelette (with bacon on the side, of course), or make-ahead almond scones.
You can also never go wrong with a breakfast tart, baked French toast, or heart-shaped pancakes. And, if you really want to go all out with something decadent, bananas foster crêpes have your name all over them.
- Raspberry Pancakes
- Almond Scones with Grand Marnier Glaze
- Lemon Brioche Baked French Toast with Minted Raspberries
- Bananas Foster Crêpes
- Overnight Yeasted Waffles
- Monte Cristo Waffles with Warm Raspberry Sauce
- Brie & Mushroom Strata
- Simple French Omelettes - Don't forget the bacon and toast!
- Egg, Arugula, and Herb Tartine
- Winter Greens & Gruyere Tart with Cornmeal-Millet Crust
Would kind of breakfast would you love to be surprised with?