'Tis the season of office parties and holiday soirées, where giving a little something to your coworker or your hostess-with-the-mostess friend is a nice way to say, hey, thanks for being great. From a set of glam gold-dipped spoons to smoked sea salt and fancy soap, here are 10 of our favorite finds for when you're looking for that small but special gift.
- 1 Maldon Smoked Sea Salt Flakes, $6.99 from The Spice House: A wonderful finishing salt for anywhere a little smoky flavor is needed. Also amazing on top of caramels!
- 2 Mariage Frères Esprit de Noel in Muslin Bags, $24 from Market Hall Foods: We love this holiday tea made with vanilla, orange zest and Christmas spices, and the little muslin bags it comes in are chic too!
- 3 Saltwater Soap, $10 from Saipua: Nori seaweed, crushed sea salt, rosemary and patchouli make this Saipua soap one of life's little luxuries.
- 4 Handmade Chalkboard Condiment Jar, $10 from Canvas: This adorable 3-inch jar can be used for anything anywhere around the house. And it comes with chalk for labeling!
- 5 Gold Dipped Porcelain Spoon Set, $20 from Leif: These glam spoons are too pretty to be kept in a drawer, so it's good you can hang them!
- 6 Sagaform Story Oven Mitt, $14.95 from Burke Decor: The perfect mix of whimsy and function, and an apt accompaniment to all that holiday baking.
- 7 2014 Herbs and Spices Calendar, $16 from Rifle Paper Co: Twelve beautiful illustrations in this 6x9 calendar make it a gift they'll use all year long.
- 8 Wood Salt Bowl, $6 from Canoe: Simple, beautiful, practical.
- 9 Strawberry and Rose Jam, $12 from Sqirl: A soft, elegant jam to enjoy on toast the morning after the party.
- 10 Moose Trivets, $11.95 for two from Burke Decor: Trivets are relatively unexciting... unless they're made of felt moose! You can't help but smile.
This year, The Kitchn and Apartment Therapy aren't just sharing great ideas in our gift guides, we're giving away $1,000 to help one lucky reader purchase presents for their friends and family! Through Friday, December 13th, we'll publish new gift guides each day on both sites while collecting entries in the sweepstakes. (See Official Rules for details. One entry per reader, please.) Enter below for a chance to receive a bit of extra help from us this holiday season — we want it to be your best and brightest yet!
And we're not done. Starting on Monday, December 16, The Kitchn and Apartment Therapy editors have lined up ten absolutely unbelievable items (really, you won't believe how great they are!) for our big, blowout week-long Holiday Giveaway 2013. To be notified on when and how to enter to win these super-special gifts, sign up for our giveaway email today, and you won't miss a single one.