In an ideal kitchen, you have plenty of space to store all your utensils, containers, pots, pans, and flatware. But if you're a renter or in need of a kitchen remodel, you might not be that lucky — which means you'll have to get creative.
Finding creative solutions for storing your flatware can be a challenge, but we've rounded up 10 options that should fit almost every kitchen scenario imaginable.
In the Drawer
- Bamboo Flatware Organizer, $13 from World Market: If you have a dedicated drawer, opt for this simple, one-size-fits-most drawer organizer.
- Custom Drawer Dividers, $12 from Organize.com: For narrow drawers, or ones that are larger than most silverware trays, a modular system works best.
- Silver 3-Section Mesh Cutlery Tray, $8 from Container Store: The most basic of them all, this three-section mesh tray is a no-fuss option.
- Vintage White Wooden Fork, Spoon, Knife Silverware Organizer, $20 from Amazon: If you want something a bit fancier, or want to store your special silver, try this vintage-inspired box. Just be sure your drawer opens wide enough to open the box lids.
- Nestable Drawer Organizer, $2 from Target: Fill your drawer with these nestable organizers. Just think of it like a game of organizing Tetris.
- Faux Shagreen Box, $79 from West Elm: If you have more counter space than drawer space, consider repurposing a jewelry box to store your silverware.
- Orla Kiley Embossed Stems Canister, $13 from Container Store: Canisters like these colorful ones can be perfect for storing silverware. Plus, the lids keep out dust and crumbs, if they live on open shelving.
- Stainless Steel Rotating Utensil Holder, $20 from OXO: It's not too much of a stretch to imagine this utensil holder as a flatware holder. Two things we love: the fact that it rotates and that it won't tip over as you load and unload it.
- Hanging Organizer, $45 from West Elm: Make use of the inside of your cabinet doors with this hanging organizer. Just be sure not to overfill it!
- Vintage Blacksmith Flatware Caddy, $59 from Pottery Barn: This caddy can go straight from cabinet to table. Meaning you'll never have to set your table again, if you don't want to.