As cooks, I feel that we have an inherent understanding of "coziness." It's a cold winter day and a pot in the oven, it's the aromas of roasted meats and vegetables building all afternoon, it's lighting candles and gathering around the table to dig in. This past year brought us a recipe for boeuf bourguignon (doesn't matter if you can't spell it or pronounce it; just make it), along with more recipes for cider-baked beans, chicken enchilada soup, and even a cheesy panade with swiss chard and sausage. Whether a Dutch oven or a crock pot is your slow-cooking mode of choice, we've got ten recipes from 2013 to put it to use.
- 1 Slow-Cooked Boeuf Bourguignon
- 2 Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup
- 3 Slow Cooker Roast Beef Po' Boys
- 4 Slow-Cooked Cider Beans
- 5 One-Pot Pasta e Fagioli (Italian Pasta and Bean Stew)
- 6 Pork & Green Chile Stew (Chile Verde)
- 7 Lamb Korma
- 8 Slow-Cooker Cheesy "Baked" Spinach & Mozzarella Rigatoni
- 9 Cheesy Panade with Swiss Chard, Beans & Sausage
- 10 Beef Goulash
* * *
Welcome to The Kitchn's Best of 2013 roundup!
From December 21 through January 3 we are rounding up our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the past year. We'll also share guest posts, special holiday features, and a sparkling Winter Glam Cocktail Party, the final installment in our 2013 Gatherings from The Kitchn. Happy Holidays!