Side dishes often get short shrift at big meals like Passover — a mere afterthought to the glorious lamb, brisket, or other centerpiece dish on your table. Not this year! Here are 10 fabulous (and kosher!) side dishes that will complement any Passover table, from a simple arugula salad to roasted sweet potato rounds topped with bright green pesto. These sides might just steal the show.
We're guessing that there is probably meat somewhere on your table already, so all of these sides are made sans dairy. Try that braised fennel with its bright orange-y sauce. Or serve a bowl of that citrus salad — it makes a nice, refreshing component to the heavier dishes on the table.
For something a little off the beaten path, you definitely have to try those sweet potato rounds — the pesto is made with cilantro and coconut (no cheese!), and the whole dish is so colorful!
Any other favorite Passover side dishes to recommend?
10 Kosher Side Dishes for Passover
- Kohlrabi and Cabbage Salad with Maple Lemon Dressing
- Rosemary Roasted Potatoes
- Braised Fennel and Shallots
- Roasted Sweet Potato Slices with Cilantro Pesto
- Gingery Roasted Butternut Squash & Sweet Potatoes
- Citrus Salad with Lemongrass Syrup
- Roasted Cabbage Slaw with Hazelnuts and Lemon (skip the optional cheese)