When you live in a big city and don't have a car, grocery shopping becomes an entirely new challenge. How do you carry all of the food you need for the week in one trip and not spend a million dollars on cabs each month? One of the easiest solutions is to get a shopping cart or trolley.
Before you write these off as something you'd expect to see your grandma pushing, let us assure you that shopping cart designs have come a long way. They have patterns and colors, and look like cute totes! Here are 10 that you won't be embarrassed to push down the street.
- Hook & Go Portable Folding Supermarket Shopping Cart, $75 from Amazon: If you're already in reusable bag heaven, just grab this cart. It folds up compactly for storage and lets you hang all your groceries on the hooks.
- Poppy Square Shopping Cart, $59 from Container Store: Talk about a cheerful pattern. We'd almost mistake this for an adorable child's backpack if it weren't for the lack of straps and the addition of curb-capable wheels.
- Playmarket Go Up Shopping Trolley, $149 from Zabars: This shopping trolley is one of our favorites. It borrows from modern stroller design to be sturdy and efficient. You won't have to worry about your carton of eggs breaking in this one. Check out our full review of the Playmarket Trolley.
- Folding Trolley Dolly in Brown, $35 from Bed Bath & Beyond: Simple and efficient, our favorite part of this cart is how it folds down and takes up very little space. Plus, if you remove the bag, it can also be used as a mini moving dolly for transporting items that are just a bit too heavy to carry.
- Houndstooth Trolley by reisenthel, $79 from Container Store: Concerned about style? The reisenthel cart in houndstooth is for you. It's chic in black and white and embraces minimalism.
- Versacart Utility Cart, $55 from Amazon: For those major grocery hauls, this is the clear winner. It's designed to hold a lot of food, and to be easy to push. You can probably even use it as your cart in the store.
- Steel Shopping Cart, $45 from Container Store: Don't forget about the basics. This steel shopping cart will hold all your bags, and it's a step up from the carts you'll find at the local hardware store.
- Zuwit Folding Shopping Bag with Wheels, $29 from Amazon: This might be our favorite cart on the list. You can spend most of your time carrying it like a tote, but — surprise! — it expands into a cart with wheels. Genius!
- Polder Folding Shopping Cart with Insulated Yellow Liner, $66 from Crate & Barrel: What makes this a step above the traditional cart is the perfectly sized insulated liner you can buy with it. Already have a cart of the same size? You can also buy the liner separately.
- Smart Carts, $30 from Bed Bath & Beyond: If you tend to grocery shop on your way home from work, this is the cart for you. Toss it in your bag on grocery day (it collapses to be just 3-inches thick and only weighs 3 pounds), and you'll be able to cart all your groceries home (up to 110 pounds of them!) with ease.