A green salad may sound too light to serve as a main dinner dish, but it can become quite substantial and filling when rounded out with other ingredients like avocado, cheese, a little meat, or some grilled vegetables. These 10 salads all make satisfying dinners, particularly if you want to keep things light and easy. Another tip? Bring your salad outside and enjoy the warm weather with a glass of rosé or white wine!
- TOP ROW
- 1 Radicchio Salad with Avocado, Red Quinoa, & Ricotta Salata
- 2 Kale Salad with Apricots, Avocado, and Parmesan
- 3 Meyer Lemon Spring Salad with Baby Greens, Herbs, Almonds and Goat Cheese
- 4 Big Green Salad with Shallots, Chicken, Smoked Almonds, Goat Cheese, and Dates
- 5 Roasted Squash and Arugula Salad with Pecans, Bacon, and Goat Cheese
- BOTTOM ROW
- 6 Sautéed Rainbow Chard with Raw Beets and Goat Cheese
- 7 Seared Bitter Greens Salad with Roasted Beets, Spiced Pecans & Roquefort
- 8 Summer Main Course Salad with Beans and Basil
- 9 The Gardener's Raw Vegetable Salad
- 10 Warm Golden Beet Salad with Greens and Almonds
This post was requested by sprite for Reader Request Week 2013.
(Images: see linked posts for full image credits)