Every time I buy a can of coconut milk, I always end up with a half-used can somehow. I put it in a resealable container, but inevitably forget about it in my fridge cemetery (the top shelf). Well, not this week. No, sir. Because we're going to round up some great dinner recipes that use coconut milk, along with some sides to which you can add coconut milk so there is none leftover.
If you're like me, you can't open up a can of coconut milk without singing "you put the lime in the coconut" — my wife is never amused. Adding some coconut milk to a dish is a great way to mix things up for dinner. Just the scent of it freshens things up, and perhaps even brings about thoughts of a Far East excursion.
Here are some great recipes that'll give you a great excuse to open up a can of unsweetened goodness for dinner tonight.
- Braised Coconut Spinach & Chickpeas with Lemon
- Miso-Maple Sweet Potato Tacos with Coconut-Cilantro Sauce
- Butternut Squash & Coconut Curry
- Chicken in Coconut Milk
- Thai Green Coconut Curry with Chicken and Zucchini
- Slow Cooker Coconut & Green Curry Pork
- Coconut Milk Soup with Wild Salmon, Winter Squash, and Kale
And if you end up with leftover coconut milk, don't let it go to waste! Add extra coconut milk to these recipes for extra bliss:
- Whipped Sweet Potatoes with Coconut Milk & Vanilla Bean
- Coconut Ginger Fried Rice
- Superpower Morning Smoothie
(Images: see linked posts)