Are you feeling as shocked as I am that Labor Day — and hence the unofficial finale to our long, lazy summer days — is just a week away? It feels like we only just started pulling in tomatoes from the garden and pouncing on the peaches at the market. And I certainly haven't gotten my fill of sweet corn yet. Before summer leaves us for good, here are 10 recipes that you need to make immediately.
This time of year always feels like a case of too many recipes and too little time. I have to hit my favorites, of course, like The Kitchn's much-loved Three Cheese Tomato Tart, our Strawberry Icebox Cake, and of course, BLTs made with creamy basil mayo. But there are always new recipes that must be tried! This grilled pizza topped with tomatoes, corn, and goat cheese has been on my list since we posted it earlier this month, and my summer will not be complete without at least one Ultimate Beef & Bacon Burger. Also, none of us should let another minute go by without making a round of Campari Mojitos. They are so perfect for back porch lounging.
What other favorite meals do we need to make before summer is over?
- 1 Grilled Cherry Tomato, Corn, and Goat Cheese Pizza
- 2 California BLT with Avocado and Basil Mayonnaise
- 3 Campari Mojitos
- 4 No-Bake Strawberry Icebox Cake
- 5 Ultimate Beef & Bacon Burgers
- 6 Gnocchi with Squash and Sweet Corn
- 7 Three-Cheese Tomato Tart
- 8 Grilled Eggplant Topped with Goat Cheese and Tomatoes
- 9 Potatoes, Green Beans, and Corn in Lemon Brown Butter Sauce
- 10 Peach Pie Ice Cream
(Images: See linked recipes for full image credits)