For Valentine's Day we normally think about how we can show someone else we love them — how cute cards, or fun desserts, or a small gift will make someone else happy. While these small acts of kindness are wonderful, it's also a time to show yourself a little love. It's February, it's dreary outside, and it's the perfect opportunity to take care of yourself with something comforting, delicious, and maybe just a little healthy.
My favorite way to show myself a little love in the kitchen is by making something delicious and easy on a busy weeknight. Satisfying recipes like stuffed sweet potatoes or a hot bowl of Lentil Soup with Lemon Yogurt Cream are great places to start. If you're craving something sweet after dinner, may I suggest the Baked Apple Stuffed with Oatmeal and Brown Sugar — so good!
What are your favorite ways to show yourself some love with cooking?
- 1 Savory Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with White Beans and Kale
- 2 Lemon Braised Chicken & Beans with Mint Pesto
- 3 Couscous With Chickpeas, Fennel, and Citrus
- 4 Lentil Soup with Lemon Yogurt Cream
- 5 Artichoke, Kale & Ricotta Pie