There are a lot of puzzling kitchen tools out there, unearthed from thrift stores, yard sales, or the junk drawer at home — but those aren't the only mysteries our readers helped solve this year. From unidentified herbs to wonderful (yet utterly mystifying) meals enjoyed in Iraq long ago, here are the year's most intriguing reader questions about mysteries in the kitchen.
- 1 What Is This Mystery Kitchen Tool?
- 2 What Is This Mystery Lettuce?
- 3 What Is This Mystery Kitchen Gadget?
- 4 What Is This Mystery Steak and How Should I Cook It?
- 5 Mystery Layer in Hong-Kong-Style Cakes?
- 6 What Is This Mystery Garden Herb?
- 7 I Have 8 of These Mystery Kitchen Tools. What Are They?
- 8 Do You Know What This Perforated Metal Mystery Pan Is Used For?
- 9 Help Me Recreate This Mystery Meal From Iraq!
- 10 What Is This Mystery Kitchen Tool?
* * *
Welcome to The Kitchn's Best of 2013 roundup!
From December 21 through January 3 we are rounding up our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the past year. We'll also share guest posts, special holiday features, and a sparkling Winter Glam Cocktail Party, the final installment in our 2013 Gatherings from The Kitchn. Happy Holidays!