Even if you're not ready for a full-on kitchen makeover, there are plenty of smaller projects you can tackle to make your kitchen a bit happier.
It's all those little touches — creative storage ideas, prettily patterned dish towels, and artwork that can stand up to a few spaghetti sauce splashes — that make you and your family want to spend even more time in the most popular room in your home. Here are 10 small projects to give your kitchen a little love.
10 Projects for a Happier Kitchen
- How To Line Kitchen Drawers and Shelves with Cheery Paper
- Cambria's Spring Project: Hang Pots on the Wall
- How Bruce Springsteen Helped Me Organize My Kitchen Drawers
- How To Make an All-Natural Kitchen Cleaner
- How To Make Soy Candles in Canning Jars
- How To Turn an Old Ladder into a Kitchen Storage Shelf
- How To Add Loops to Dishtowels for Hanging
- How To Make Really Big and Cheap Photo Posters for a Party
- Weekend Project: A DIY Door Organizer for Foil and Plastic Wrap Dispensers
- How To Dip Dye a Tablecloth
* * *
Welcome to The Kitchn's Best of 2014 roundup!
From December 22 through January 4 we are rounding up our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the past year. Happy Holidays!