Yesterday Dana suggested serving heavily garnished salads on a platter instead of in a bowl to prevent heavier ingredients from falling to the bottom. Inspired by that suggestion, I went searching for beautiful, unusual serving platters. No plain white platters here!
There are white platters in this list, but as you can see they all have something a little special about them - the jagged shape of Diane von Furstenberg's brushstoke platter, for example, with its striking gold rim, or the footed stoneware platter from Leili Art & Design, featuring an array of black constellation-inspired dots. Otherwise you'll find a collection of textured, patterned platters, from stoneware to porcelain, in an array of designs. Do you have a favorite?
• 1 Red Ring Platter, $228 from Anthropologie
• 2 Diane von Furstenberg Brushstroke Platter, $85 from Bloomingdales
• 3 Large Footed Stoneware Platter with Constellation Dots, $220 from Leili Art & Design
• 4 Marimekko Irrbloss Platter, $85 from Safari Living
• 5 Apples - Oval Platter by Lisa Neimeth, $185 from Horne
• 6 Customized Oblong Platter, $160 from Uncommon Goods
• 7 Green Focaccia Platter, $55 from AtelierBB
• 8 12x12 Platter in Onyx, $45 from Heath Ceramics
• 9 Limited Edition Porcelain Serving Platter in Lagoon, $450 from Element Clay Studio
• 10 Textured Botanical Platter, $11.99 from West Elm
Related: For Entertaining: 5 Classic Salad and Serving Bowls
(Images: as linked)