Outside of gorgeous recipes and cooking techniques, there are often niche tricks or somewhat strange (although great!) recipes that are popular amongst our readers. From decadent microwave cakes, to cooking bread in a slow cooker, these 10 posts were unexpected, yet welcome hits in 2013.
Catch up on some of our popular and sometimes crazy posts of the last year. Do you have a favorite?
- 1 13 Easy Microwave Mug Cakes That Are All Grown Up
- 2 13 Awesome Jello Shots You Need To Make This Summer
- 3 The Mason Jar Blender Trick: Do You Know About This?
- 4 Gift Recipe: Homemade Dog Treats
- 5 The Best Way to Keep Guacamole Green
- 6 What's the Deal with Butter in Coffee?
- 7 How To Make Bread in the Slow Cooker
- 8 What Does 2000 Calories Look Like? You Might Be Surprised
- 9 Grab and Go: 5 Make-Ahead Lunches to Pack in Jars
- 10 How To Make Strawberry Thyme Jam, As Told By Cats
* * *
Welcome to The Kitchn's Best of 2013 roundup!
From December 21 through January 3 we are rounding up our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the past year. We'll also share guest posts, special holiday features, and a sparkling Winter Glam Cocktail Party, the final installment in our2013 Gatherings from The Kitchn. Happy Holidays!