There's nothing wrong with setting out a bunch of mismatched plastic cups and bottles of soda during a dinner party. In fact, we support it. But sometimes you want to class things up — just a bit.
That's why we played matchmaker with these pitchers and glasses to help with whatever you're serving. Pick one that fits your style and then get back to party planning.
- Glass Refrigerator Pitcher, from $8 The Container Store + Tropical Bike Party, $48 for four at Vital Industries: Show off your love for bikes (and simpler things) with these bright (but not too bright) glasses and a classic pitcher.
- Carter Pitcher, $50 at Crate & Barrel + Metallic Cooler, $10 each at CB2: Use this duo to serve up to 104 ounces of water during lunch or put it on your bar and use it for a signature cocktail during a dinner party.
- Country Folk Pitcher, $13 at Target + Mason Jar, $12 each at Fishs Eddy: If you live in a farmhouse — or just wish you did — this combo is for you.
- Dot Pitcher, $30 at Kate Spade + Top Class, $35 for six at JCPenney: This simple combo is preppy without being too preppy.
- Salamanca Pitcher, $42 at Canvas + Enamelware Tumblers, $10 each at Rejuvenation: Sometimes things really should be black and white.
- Mosser Jadeite Pitcher, $40 at Sur la Table + White Glass Hobnail Tumblers, $24 for four at World Market: Visitors might think your (super-cool) grandmother passed this set down to you.
- 10-Cup Pitcher, $39 at Soma + Nutrition Facts of Water, $32 for four at Uncommon Goods: For serious water-drinkers, this pitcher includes one of the best (and prettiest!) filters on the market. And the cups are just the right amount of silly.
- 48-Ounce Pierced Pitcher, $35 + SKOJA, $1.50 each at IKEA: There's something about the shapes of these two items that just seem to work. Bonus: The glasses are stackable, so they won't take up too much cabinet space.
- Tin Glazed Ceramic Kitchen Collection, $39 at Food52 + Green Ceramic Tumbler, $18 at Motyl Pottery: Is there a better color combination than mint and gray? If there is, we haven't found it!
- Textured Glass Pitcher, $18 at H&M + Metallic Gold Fern Glassware, $30 for two at Brika: Dress up your everyday juice or water consumption with just a touch of gold.