Silverware is intended to help you eat. It helps you raise food from a bowl or plate in a civilized way and place that substance in your mouth. When it goes beyond the call of duty to, say, help you spin spaghetti or tell you you're eating too fast, well that's just not OK.
Here are ten pieces of silverware that need to be told, gently, that at the table it's better to be seen, not heard.
Besides this silverware trying to dictate how you eat or simply being downright sneaky, some of it is actually kind of expensive. I mean, $145 for really heavy silverware? That's insane.
Here are ten pieces of silverware that will "help" you — if you let them.
1. HapiFork, $99.99 - Helps you stop eating too fast.
2. Hog Wild Twirling Spaghetti Fork, $10.67 - Helps you twirl your pasta.
3. Eat Fit Silverware, $145.00 - Helps you work out while eating.
4. Sip-n-Spoon, $3.50 - Helps you drink your milk while eating cereal.
5. The Dipr, $19.22 - Helps you dunk cookies.
6. Pizza Fork, $6.00 - Helps you cut your pizza.
7. Dine Ink Pen Cap, $7.56 - Helps you work while eating.
8. Jumbo Fork, $15.00 - Helps you steal food.
9. My Spoon, $4.99 - Helps kids learn how to eat.
10. Fred and Friends Snack and Stack, $14.62 - Helps you stay organized.
(Image credits: Digital Trends; Amazon; The Cheeky; Pylones; Amazon; Stupidiotic; Amazon; Amazon; UniqueMe Kids ; Amazon)