We've already covered the reasons you should have cloth napkins, and here's where we add napkin rings to the mix. They're essentially jewelry for the table, and can be a quick and easy way to dress up a plain place setting.
The hard work's been done for you: We matched up pretty napkins with corresponding rings to do your table up just right. All you have to do is pick a pair and order them.
- Citron/Mist Slubby Cotton Napkin, $12 each at Pehr + Wood Slice Napkin Rings, $24 for four at West Elm: Can't you just picture this pairing on a rustic dinner table covered with a colorful family style meal?
- Sashiko Napkins, $58 for four at Brika + Madras Napkin Rings, $12 for four at World Market: A little bit beach-y and a little bit bohemian, this pairing would be great for a brunch or a summer dinner. What? Summer will be here again — eventually.
- Stardust Indigo Blue Printed Cloth Dinner Napkins, $42 for four at Hen House Linens + Three Squares Napkin Rings, $30 for four at Target: These napkins are extra splashy but, because each ring is really three in one (the squares are all intertwined), they won't get lost in the napkin.
- Mari Dot Lilac Napkins, $32 for four at GrayMarket + Marble Napkin Rings, $28 for four at Williams-Sonoma: For a slightly fancier affair, this duo is sweet yet grown-up at the same time.
- Linen Denim Napkin, $14 at Fog Linen + Leather Napkin Ring Set, $59 for four at Mark & Graham: When it comes to napkins and napkin rings, it doesn't get much more masculine than this combo.
- Rainbow Stripe Linen Napkin Set, $32 for two at Leif + Pineapple Napkin Rings, $29 for four at Ballard Designs: If only there was a big spring brunch coming up that these guys could be used for. Oh wait, Easter is just around the corner.
- Fete Navy Blue Cloth Napkins, $28 for eight at Crate & Barrel + Pom Pom Napkin Rings, $19 for eight at Waiting on Martha: These napkins may be simple, but there's nothing boring or traditional about this combo.
- Azul Dinner Napkin, $28 for two at Boutique Textiles + Scott Silver Napkin Rings, $30 for eight at CB2: For our funkier-minded readers, one third of each napkin features polka-dots and the rest is covered with hand-painted stripes. The simple-yet-cool ring puts the focus on the napkin.
- Golden Herringbone Napkin Set, $32 for four at Anthropologie + Gold Concrete Napkin Rings, $35 for four at MeAConcrete: Concrete rings get warmed up when paired with these pretty cotton and metallic napkins.
- El Mae Dinner Napkins, $24 for four at Lulu & Georgia + Precision Cut Napkin Rings, $36 for four at Food52: Go super geometric with a patterned napkin and a walnut ring, featuring a cut-out pattern of sharp angles and lines.