I'd like to think that one day I'll be one of those people who wake up an hour before they have to, to make elaborate French toast and breakfast pizza, but until then there are delicious make-ahead breakfasts that I can take with me to work.
Instead of grabbing a bagel at your deli or a scone at your coffee shop, make a couple of these on the weekend, put them in the fridge or freezer, and simply grab-in-go on your way to work or school. I don't think there's a better way to start the day than something totally delicious and satisfying.
You don't need to have a cold breakfast if you have a microwave wherever you choose to eat –– make steel-cut oatmeal, kale and goat cheese frittata cups, or prosciutto and cheddar hot pockets. If you're looking for something a little sweet you need to try the blueberry breakfast bars or blackberry scones.
What are your favorite make-ahead breakfasts you can easily bring to work or school?
1. How To Make Steel-Cut Oatmeal in Jars
2. Kale and Goat Cheese Frittata Cups
3. Blueberry Breakfast Bars
Make Your Own Fruit-on-the-Bottom Yogurt Cups
5. Frozen Single-Serve Oatmeal with Almonds & Dried Cherries
6. Grown-Up Prosciutto & Cheddar Hot Pockets
7. The Best Way to Make Big Batches of Smoothies Ahead of Time
8. Savory Muffins with Prosciutto & Chives
9. Blackberry Scones from The Big Sur Bakery Cookbook
10. Crustless Mini-Quiche
(Image credits: Faith Durand; Megan Gordon; Clare Barboza; Anjali Prasertong; Nealey Dozier; Stephanie Barlow; Liz Vidyarthi)