There's a 3-day weekend on — how's it going? Have you been lazing it away? Well, you have one day left to do something special in the kitchen. How about one of these kitchen projects? Make homemade mozzarella, do a quick and dirty deep-clean of the kitchen, sharpen your knives — and then get back to guilt-free laziness, pronto! Here are 10 of our best ideas for ways to spend a little quality weekend time in the kitchen!EDIBLE PROJECTS
- How To Make Great Granola Every Time - Make a big batch of granola to fuel your workday and school morning breakfasts for the next month.
- How to Make Perfect Pesto Every Time - Make a big batch of pesto and freeze it in ice cube trays (winter is coming, you know — best be prepared).
- How to Make Flavored Salts - Use herbs from the garden or smoky spices to start some jars of flavored salts (they make great hostess gifts).
- How to Make Homemade Mozzarella - Fresh mozzarella, for fresh tomato salads on Labor Day!
- How to Make Kombucha Tea at Home - Curious about kombucha? This is a great time to start your first batch.
- How To Make a Chalkboard Menu Board - This cute chalkboard menu can be made in any size or shape, and it's a great way to remind yourself of your meal plans each week.
- How To Buy and Season a Wok - Stir-frying is a great technique for quick fall cooking. Get yourself set up properly with a seasoned carbon steel wok.
- How To Sand Your Butcher Block to Look Like New - Does your butcher block (or your cutting board) need some love? Great time to sand and oil it!
- Weekend Project: Sharpen Your Knives! - Get your knives in shape for fall, by honing and sharpening them yourself, or taking them off to the knife sharpener's!
- Weekend Project: Clean Your Kitchen in Five Steps! - 5 quick steps to getting your kitchen in holiday shape!
Do you have big plans for your kitchen this holiday weekend? Any other good ideas for putting a three-day weekend to use (other than relaxation, of course!)?
And more!: 10 Practical Ideas for Better Spice Storage
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits)