10 Ideas for DIY Flavored Mayonnaise
• 1 Sriracha: Add a squirt of the sauce to taste and use on everything from banh mi to egg and bacon sandwiches.
• 2 Wasabi: Mix in powdered wasabi for a spicy kick.
• 3 Roasted garlic: Mash cloves of roasted garlic into mayo.
• 4 Fresh herbs: We're particularly fond of Orangette's basil version. Perfect for summer tomato sandwiches!
• 5 Chipotle: Blend mayo with a whole chile in adobo sauce (or more or less, depending on your spice tolerance).
• 6 Harissa: Spread it on a lamb burger or on grilled eggplant.
• 7 Citrus juice: Use lime or lemon juice alone or with other mix-ins.
• 8 Mustard: Spread on sandwiches, of course, but also simple roasted chicken.
• 9 Dry spices: Think plain spices like smoked paprika, or spice blends like curry powder.
• 10 Capers: Lemon-caper mayonnaise would be so good on a smoked salmon sandwich.
Do you ever make your own flavored mayonnaise? Any ideas you'd add to the list?
(Image: Elzbieta Sekowska/Shutterstock)