Still wondering what to give for Mother's Day this year? You might be too old to hand out paper-and-crayon IOU coupons for dinners and shoulder rubs, but a homemade, heartfelt gift is always special — and budget-friendly as well. How about a jar of bright lemon curd, some pretty strawberry-granola bark or a framed family recipe card? Here are instructions for making these gifts for Mom, as well as many more.
If you have a bit of time to spend in the kitchen, you can whip up a batch of cookies, roast some sweet and savory cashews, or mix up a tea blend tweaked to the recipient's tastes. And if she likes to cook, give her a jar of homemade flavored salt or a spoon butter that will keep her favorite wooden tools protected and good-looking for many more Mother's Days to come.
TOP ROW: RECIPES TO MAKE
- 1 How to Make Easy Homemade Lemon Curd
- 2 Sweet and Savory Roasted Cashews
- 3 Strawberry-Almond Granola Bark
- 4 How to Make Flavored Salts
- 5 Curry Coconut Savory Granola
BOTTOM ROW: PACKAGING IDEAS & NON-EDIBLE GIFTS
- 6 Gift Idea: Homemade Tea Blends
- 7 Gifts of Jam: 5 Pretty Packaging Ideas
- 8 4 Ideas for Turning Family Recipes Into Gifts
- 9 5 Ways to Package Cookies for Gift-Giving
- 10 Homemade Wooden Spoon Butter: For Buffing, Not Eating!
(Images: See linked recipes for full image credits)