Still wondering what to give for Mother's Day this year? You might be too old to hand out paper-and-crayon IOU coupons for dinners and shoulder rubs, but a homemade, heartfelt gift is always special — and budget-friendly! How about a sweet treat in some extra cute packaging? That should do the trick!
Here are instructions for making 10 gifts for Mom.
If you have a bit of time to spend in the kitchen, you can whip up a batch of cookies, roast some sweet and savory cashews, or give her a bright jar of zesty lemon curd. And if she likes to cook you can give her a jar of homemade flavored salt to use whenever you're not making her a special brunch.
- Strawberry-Almond Granola Bark
- How to Make Easy Homemade Lemon Curd
- Sweet and Savory Roasted Cashews
- How to Make Flavored Salts
- Curry Coconut Savory Granola
If you fancy yourself a bit of a crafter, you can pay some extra attention to the packaging and wrap up some cookies or jams in a super special way. You can even mix up a custom tea blend, tweaked to her tastes. Or make a batch of spoon butter that will keep her favorite wooden tools protected and good-looking for many more Mother's Days to come.
- Gifts of Jam: 5 Pretty Packaging Ideas
- 5 Ways to Package Cookies for Gift-Giving
- 4 Ideas for Turning Family Recipes Into Gifts
- The Easiest Homemade Linen Spray
- Gift Idea: Homemade Tea Blends
Do you have any ideas for homemade Mother's Day gifts?