Even if the holidays are your favorite time of year, it can feel a little silly to spend a ton of money on decorations. Luckily you can dress up your kitchen without blowing your budget with a quick trip to IKEA.
Each year they have a special holiday line with plenty of fun goodies. Here are 10 of our favorite picks for the year.
- Patterned Glasses, $2 each: These simple glasses remind us of gently falling snow. You can also get the same pattern in a champagne flute.
- Forest Animals Cookie Cutters, $3: Snowmen and stars are great, but we'd rather bake up a batch of sugar cookies in the shape of these woodland creatures. Or better yet, use them to make cinnamon dough ornaments.
- Rolling Cookie Cutter, $4: This is the perfect tool for getting your kids engaged in the kitchen, whether you're making sugar cookies or cinnamon dough ornaments.
- Red Candle Holder, $10: There's no faster way for your table to feel festive than with the addition of a shiny red candle holder and wide pillar candle.
- Toy Patterned Apron, $8: We love this vintage-patterned apron with rocking horses, sleighs, and baby buggies. It's a nod to the holidays without being overly festive. It also comes in a kid's size.
- Casserole Dish, $16: While this one might not be holiday-specific, having serving dishes is always more important during the entertaining season. And you're not going to find a more versatile one than this one.
- Red & White Tins, $6: Tins are essential for holiday gifting, especially if you're giving food gifts. And at $6 per set, you can pick up a few of these canisters and you'll be set for all those last-minute gifts.
- Dala Horse Pans, $10 for 2: Give your cakes a more festive feel, and have more fun decorating them with these traditional Swedish horse-shaped pans.
- Tree-Patterned Tray, $5: IKEA's little trays are one of our favorite things that they sell. They are simple but indispensable in your home. This winter tree-patterned one is perfect for the holidays and beyond.
- Snowflake Tablecloth, $19: Tablecloths are great for entertaining — and this one is inexpensive enough that if something spills on it, it won't be the end of the world.