Gluten-free eating has become better known in the last few years, as increased awareness has delivered many people from the symptoms of celiac disease. Are you newly diagnosed with celiac or a gluten intolerance? Going without gluten can be a little overwhelming for newbies. If you're thinking about going gluten-free, there are plenty of resources to help get you on your way... starting with many of the posts in The Kitchn's archives!
Not sure what gluten is or why some people give it up? Here's a great post from the archives to explain the why and how of gluten-free eating.
Read the full post here: Giving Up Gluten: Why and What It Means to be Gluten-Free
Gluten-Free Recipes from The Kitchn
• 1 Eggy, Crispy Polenta with Tomatoes & Mushrooms
• 2 Braised Coconut Spinach and Chickpeas with Lemon
• 3 Recipe for One: Chickpeas, Kale, and Sausage with Oven Baked Egg
• 4 Baby Greens Salad with Asparagus, Sweet Amaranth & Green Garlic Dressing
• 5 A Healthy Breakfast: Mark Bittman's Cornmeal Pancakes
• 6 Grilled Cabbage Wedges with Spicy Lime Dressing
• 7 Ditch the Crackers: 20 Gluten-Free Party Snacks
• 8 How to Make Socca: A Naturally Gluten-Free Chickpea Flatbread
• 9 Vietnamese-Inspired Rice Crisps
• 10 Creamy Tofu and Green Pea Dip
Other Gluten-Free Resources from our Archives
• 9 Essential Things for a Joyful, Gluten-Free Life
• 29 Tips, Ingredients & Recipes for Gluten-Free Baking
• 10 Inspiring Blogs for Gluten-Free Food and Cooking
• Gluten-Free Flour Substitutes: Which One Is Your Favorite?
• Hold the Gluten: The 6 Best Gluten-Free Sandwich Breads
• The Oats Conundrum: Are Oats Gluten-Free?
• Suggestions for Satisfying and Portable Gluten-Free Lunches?
• Cocoa to Cornstarch: Are These 10 Ingredients Gluten-Free?
• Blogger Kitchen Tour: Gluten-Free Girl's Warm Kitchen
• Gluten-Free Baking: How To Make an Easy Flour Substitute
• No Noodles: 10 Gluten-Free Ways to Eat Pasta Sauce
• New Digital Gluten-Free Food Magazine: Easy Eats
• Naturally Gluten-Free: 5 Flatbreads from Around the World
Are you newly gluten-free? What helped you the most as you transitioned into this new way of eating?
(Images: See linked recipes for full image credits)