Whether it's Christmas morning, the day after, or a crazy Monday before work, breakfast should always be better. Better than a bowl of cereal. Better than a granola bar on the run. And always better than nothing!
These gifts can help with that. They're gifts for people who believe in breakfast as the best meal of the day.
- Big Jug of Organic Maple Syrup, $98 at Best Made: There will be no worrying about how much syrup is left with this half-gallon jug filled with sweet stuff from New Hampshire. It should, at the very least, last the winter.
- Belgian Waffle Maker, $40: Someone might be tempted to make waffles every day with this new machine from Black and Decker. The plates are actually removable and dishwasher-safe for the world's easiest cleanup.
- Donut Mug, $14 at Urban Outfitters: Nothing goes with a cup of coffee better than this stoneware donut mug.
- 2-Slice Toaster, $150: It's not quite a Smeg fridge, but it's still pretty great — and probably more within your budget.
- Milk With, $40 at Harabu House: This looks like a cute milk bottle, but the individual pieces unstack to reveal a bowl, a creamer, and four tea cups.
- Carry On Bloody Mary Kit, $24 at W&P Design: Everyone — especially a weary traveler! — deserves a Bloody Mary when they want one. This little kit comes with everything but the booze. Even two cornichons!
- Enamelware Tea Spoons, $8 at Somewhere Goods: A tiny, porcelain enamel spoon is just about the sweetest way to scoop sugar into tea we can think of.
- Color Joy Geo Spheres Mug, $9.50 at DCI Gift: For sleepyheads who prefer some light coloring with their morning coffee, this mug is a better challenge than the crossword.
- Portmeirion White Toast or Letter Rack, $25: Fancy breakfast people can use this to hold toast to keep the slices from getting soggy. Organizational freaks can use it as a letter holder.
- Bacon Club, $99 for three months at Zingerman's: We couldn't very well do a breakfast story and not include a monthly bacon club, right? This one is considered the best by many and includes 12 to 16 ounces of artisan bacon each month.