Is it 5:00 o'clock yet? It's a fine time when cocktail hour rolls around, and we've got 10 great gift ideas for home mixologists and cocktail lovers of all kinds — from hand-carved muddlers to stained glass tumblers and the most elegant mixing glass ever.
- 1 Gold Foil Cocktail Napkins, $32/set of four from C Wonder: These super pretty cotton cocktail napkins, in four coordinating patterns, instantly glam up any cocktail hour.
- 2 Italian-Made Cocktail Set, $115 from Kaufmann-Mercantile: Pricey, but completely top of the line and designed to perfection.
- 3 Luxardo Gourmet Maraschino Cherries, $16 from Amazon: There's a reason Luxardo is the standard bearer for cocktails cherries. They're worth it.
- 4 Yarai Mixing Glass, $32.95 from Cocktail Kingdom: This iconic mixing glass is so elegant — a wonderful gift for a serious home cocktail bar.
- 5 Brushed Stainless Steel and Glass Ice Bucket, $34.95 from CB2: Love the mixed metals on CB2's ice bucket. Would look great on a home bar cart.
- 6 Engraved Cocktail Muddler, $18 from AHeirloom: Beautiful and handmade, this is a muddler for the ages.
- 7 The Drunken Botanist: The Plants That Create the World's Great Drinks by Amy Stewart, $12.70 from Amazon: Learn about all the plants that go into making cocktails! (Read our review here.)
- 8 Stained Glass Tumblers in Gold, $24.99/set of two from Dot & Bo: So classy, Don Draper would drink from them.
- 9 King Cube Silicone Ice Cube Trays, $16.99 from Williams-Sonoma: Makes huge single ice cubes, ideal for cocktails.
- 10 Peg & Awl Trencher Plate Pair, $48 from Nube Green: With all that booze, you need a little something to nibble on! These trays double as both a cutting and serving board, with an indentation for salts, sauces, olives, nuts, or other goodies.
This year, The Kitchn and Apartment Therapy aren't just sharing great ideas in our gift guides, we're giving away $1,000 to help one lucky reader purchase presents for their friends and family! Through Friday, December 13th, we'll publish new gift guides each day on both sites while collecting entries in the sweepstakes. (See Official Rules for details. One entry per reader, please.) Enter below for a chance to receive a bit of extra help from us this holiday season — we want it to be your best and brightest yet!
And we're not done. Starting on Monday, December 16, The Kitchn and Apartment Therapy editors have lined up ten absolutely unbelievable items (really, you won't believe how great they are!) for our big, blowout week-long Holiday Giveaway 2013. To be notified on when and how to enter to win these super-special gifts, sign up for our giveaway email today, and you won't miss a single one.