Ladies and gentlemen, it is officially open season on corn and tomatoes. Ready... set.... GO! From now until the summer ends, our salad plates will be filled with various combinations of these two beloved vegetables: heirloom tomatoes drizzled with balsamic, cherry tomatoes and yellow corn tossed with herbs, corn salads with grilled chicken on the side, and anything else we can think of. To get you started, here are ten fresh salads with ripe tomatoes and sweet corn that will make you very happy it's summer.
One of my favorite things about tomatoes and corn is how well they go with each other — the sweet little nibs of corn and the meatier bites of juicy tomato. For variety, we can always toss in some other summer vegetables, like zucchini and green beans. The more the merrier! These simple salads are really the perfect side with grilled chicken or steak. Dinner? Done.
Are you eating all the tomatoes and corn you possibly can right now? What are your favorite tomato and corn salads?
- 1 Pan-Fried Chicken Breasts with Corn & Tomato Summer Salad
- 2 Esquites (Mexican Corn Salad)
- 3 Herbed Sweet Corn and Tomato Salad
- 4 Tomato Mozzarella Potato Salad with Lemon Buttermilk Dressing
- 5 Paximadi Bread Salad with Tomatoes, Feta and Capers
- 6 Tomato Salad with Red Onion, Dill, and Feta
- 7 Heirloom Tomato and Burrata Salad
- 8 Corn & Zucchini Salad with Chives
- 9 Hearts of Palm, Corn, Tomato & Watercress Salad
- 10 Grilled Zucchini and Grape Tomato Salad
(Images: See linked recipes for full image credits)