Rumor has it that there were some asparagus at the Union Square Greenmarket yesterday. (We read it on this handy website). Finally! Go buy some, then take a look at these 10 great recipes to show them off...
We love them hot, cold, blanched, roasted, and wrapped in things like maypoles. Here are some recipes to celebrate their arrival.
From the Kitchn:
1. Asparagus Spread and Prosciutto on Buttered Toast (pictured directly above)
2. Spring Lemon Risotto with Asparagus and Fiddlehead Ferns
3. Meyer Lemon Grain Salad with Asparagus, Almonds, and Goat Cheese
4. Pork Stir-Fry with Asparagus and Sugar Snap Peas
5. Mary Sue and Susan's Asparagus Salad
6. Roasted Asparagus with Poached Egg and Parmesan
7. Asparagus Bean Salad over Arugula
From the Web:
9. Asparagus with Morels and Tarragon, from Gourmet (pictured at top)
8. Andrew Carmellini's Microwaved Asparagus, from New York Magazine
10. Penne with Asparagus and Cherry Tomatoes, from Food Network
Related: Early Spring Cooking: Asparagus Tarts
(Images: Ditte Isager for Gourmet; Elizabeth Passarella)